Tuesday, May 18, 2010

photo reflections

Using reflections in pictures is such a neat way to add interest to subjects. It gives photos a new perspective, sometimes distorting the subject, sometimes just multiplying the beauty. After seeing this Smashing Mag post of some STUNNING reflection photographs, I gathered some of my favorites from my own photo adventures:


A random building/street in Chicago.



My BFF with the Washington Monument reflected in her cool shades, from my trip to DC earlier this year.



My cousin and his fiance being silly with a mylar balloon.



Creve Couer Lake in winter. The sky was so amazing that evening. I love how the reflection of it in the lake makes kind of draws your eye in.



My friend Eric's band, So Much Closer, played at this place called The Library. It's a neat venue that was once a bank, so there are these security mirrors on the ceiling. One is right over the stage, so I took a picture of the band reflected in it for a different perspective.

The next three are from the same lake in South St. Louis County:





These are all from the Clouds' Gate Sculpture (also known as "the Bean") at Chicago's Millennium park. I was so totally enamored with this big mirrored bean. Endless options for reflection pictures:







And you know there's a Flickr group for such photos.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! How cool. I especially like the Chicago pics.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete