Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Embracing Winter's Pretty

I am not a big fan of winter. The bitter cold, Scraping ice off of my car, numb fingers, dry eyeballs, slippery roads, a need to wear socks... whine whine whine. But I don't plan on moving to the South anytime soon, so I try to embrace the season. One thing about the all the snow and ice... it's quite beautiful. Here are some photos I've taken over the last few years after various winter storms.


This is Creve Couer Lake. What a great sky there was that day!



I love love the bright red berries against the grays and whites. I used this on my Christmas cards one year.



More berries, these encased in ice. Looks pretty trippy the more you stare at it.



Tall field grass covered in ice.



Pine needle ice star! Another photo that got used as part of my Christmas cards one year.



So stark! So pretty!



I want to use this as a background for something. Hmmmm...



Careful on those stairs!



More stairs. I love the lines and shadows that a blanket of snow on steps makes.


So, yeah, winter, though mostly miserable, has lots of Pretty. Here is a collection of some über-gorgeous winter photography. Puts mine to shame, for sure.Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment